January 18, 2017: The submission site for CHEP 2016 papers is now open: https://chep2016.conferenceseries.iop.org/
Please email email@example.com if you encounter submission problems.
Submission of Papers for the CHEP 2016 Proceedings
The writeups of all Oral and Poster presentations may be submitted for publication in the Journal of Physics Conference Series (JPCS) using the URL above.
Papers will be peer-reviewed before final acceptance. Reviewers will be asked:
- Do you think that this work is free from basic errors and faulty judgments?
- Does the content of this work correspond reasonably to the relevant CHEP 2016 abstract submission, of for plenary talks to the presented material?
- Is the the quality of English used in the work sufficient to make it clear and readable?
- Overall Quality Assessment.
Submission Deadline Monday February 6, 2017
Proceedings from previous editions of CHEP can be found online:
- 21st International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2015), Japan: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/664
- 20th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2013), the Netherlands: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/513
- 19th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2012), USA: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/396
- 18th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2010), Taiwan: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/331
- 17th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2009), Czech Republic: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/219
All 15-minute Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations have a limit of 8 pages.
Longer plenary presentations have a limit of 12 pages.
Where to send your paper
Manuscripts, prepared according to the author guidelines, should be submitted via the CHEP 2016 IOP online submission system. When submitting your paper, you need to know its Indico ID. The complete list of Indico IDs for CHEP 2016 is available at https://indico.cern.ch/event/505613/contributions/
Your submitted paper should be consistent with your abstract, but you may improve its Title and adjust the Author List.
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, can be found on the IOP Conference Series website.
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
Important: please read before you submit a paper
IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence. The licence terms and conditions are available online.